Hajj is a religious obligation and one of the five pillars of Islam. It is performed by the Muslims at least once in their life if they are capable to do it in term of expenditures. In order to perform Muslims from all over the world travel to Makkah and Madinah situated at Saudi Arabia to seek the blessings of Allah Almighty for their sinful they have made until now in their lives.
Muslims all present at every corner of the world so they requires a Hajj visa in order to perform Hajj in the Saudi Arabia. The visa for Hajj is applied trough a proper channel of the concerned authorities varying from countries. Every country have different way to apply and different requirements for hajj visa. In non-Muslims the special arrangements are made by the government when the time of Hajj is near and Muslims apply for the visa through Embassy to get the Hajj visa.
In order to get more information regarding the process of applying the people can visit the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs or for some countries special site is available that addresses the matter of Hajj visa.
In UK a separate section with the required information is present on the website of Embassy of Saudi Arabia in UK (Ministry of Foreign Affairs). In addition to this the code of conduct and regulations are also uploaded on the site for the convenience of the Muslims residing in UK.
The requirement for the Hajj visa application for UK along with the timings of the consular offices and important rules and regulation are as follows:
- Fully completed application form by the Applicant.
- Passport size photographs 2 I numbers
- Passport should be valid up to at least 6 months.
- An authorized agent should be contacted for assistance. The list of agent is uploaded on www.saudiembassay.org.uk. For better Assistance contact UMRAH EXPERT.
- A meningitis immunisation certificate, a vaccination certificate should be also given and pilgrims should be vaccinated at least ten days before going to Hajj.
- Children’s that are of one year or above and travelling on their parents passports their photograph must be affixed on the passport and it should be endorsed by the concern authorities. In addition to this their photographs should also be attached to application form.
- Female should be accompanied with Mahram. Mahram can be his Father, Husband, and Uncle, Elder son or Nephew. The age of Mahram should be at least 17 years old.
- For all non-UK passport holders they should possess a permanent residency in UK.
- The time for applying of passport is from 9 am to 12 noon from Monday to Friday (inclusive).
- For the collection of proceed passport the timing are from 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm Monday to Thursday, and on Friday it will be from 2.00pm to 3.00pm.
- The date for the Hajj visa application acceptance starts from 15th of Shawwal and the last date for acceptance of applications is the 25th of Dhu'l-Qada according to the Hegira calendar. Please keep updated with the regulation from the start of season.
- The validity of the visa starts from the date of issue.
- The application form should be completed in BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS and Black ink only.
- Hajj visas are given free of cost.
- For any further information you can contact the Consular section.
The pilgrims are not allowed to take any picture, photograph, written material and poster for any political activity or propaganda. Pilgrims should also respect and follow the Saudi Arabia rules and regulations.
Hajj Instructions 2012 G
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Hajj
Hajj Instructions 1433 Hijri - corresponding to 2012 G
We hope that all the tour operator will follow the rules and regulations and arranging Hajj according to the following instructions:
- Pilgrims must abide by the dates of grouping in order to avoid the crowding due to high temperature out there.
- Mange the pilgrim in proper way so that they don’t rush for buses on their arrival to reach the destination. Try to keep them away from direct sunlight.
- The hajj mission and travel operator should contact the experienced contractor for catering services so that the condition of the delivered food to pilgrims should be good irrespective of the high temperatures, delay in delivery or storage.